Poetry

I came across the general anthology titled Dirt on My Shirt written by Jeff Foxworthy and illustrated by Steve Bjorkman.

One word to describe this collection of poems is FUN! The poems were so light and funny, perfect for children. The illustrations really brought out the authors lines.. really brought the poems to life.

I love that there is a variety of silly poems and serious poems that are still light and kid friendly.

Foxworthy did a great job of making the poems relatable to things kids go through or encounter which made them that much more enjoyable.

The single poem picture book I read was Me I Am by Jack Prelutsky and illustrated by Christine Davenier. I enjoyed the theme of this book especially for children. It embraced individuality and specialness in children.

The illustration were great. They showed diversity and told a story all on their own. The illustrator did a great job depicting the differences in children from skin color to hair color and style even to their unique styles.

I love how empowering the poem is for children.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fiction

Picture Story Books